Welcome to the dinky music webpage of Brooke Lunderville!
Direct praise & fancy jewels to brookea AT shaw DOT ca, and complaints & exploding packages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are you? I am a dorky banjo-playing filking pharmacist from Vancouver, British Columbia! Yes, the rumours are true: North of Amy McNally! Fewer Ys than vixy & Tony! Shorter than Wild Mercy! Slower than Tom Smith! I write songs, sing and play banjo and banjola, my favourite mutant instrument. I formerly performed as a duo with guitarist and madman John Caspell, who passed away unexpectedly in May, 2009 - many of the recordings here feature him, and he's all over our album together of course. I am very proud to say I am a Pegasus winner and I have been an Interfilk guest.
Where are you? Sitting at home taking pictures of my cats! Probably. But I *MIGHT* instead be at a convention, taking pictures of... portly men with pictures of cats on their t-shirts? Or, y'know, playing some tunes. I just got back from Chicon! I'm definitely coming to OVFF this year, and probably Conflikt in January. And guess what, guess what! I'm the filk GUEST OF HONOUR at Confluence in 2013! They usually have guests of honor, but I'm Canadian, you know.
Songs Lyrics, Chords, & Dinky Recordings:
Thanks to Alisa Garcia for the picture on the right, taken at Conflikt 1!
I have had some people email to ask if I mind if they cover my songs. HAHAHA OF COURSE NOT! Every time I hear about someone playing one of my songs I do a happy-dance. Whee! Yes! Go ahead! Why do you think I have a website with lyrics! It is not to taunt you! (Okay, it is ALSO to taunt you.)
All the song lyrics on the site are licensed under creative commons share-alike attribute non-commercial licenses - this means among other things that you can freely republish them in your non-commercial convention songbook. I appreciate being notified because it's fun to hear about my songs' travels, but it's not required, as long as you attribute them to me and include the CC license note.
Recordings of songs with original tunes are likewise CC licensed - distribute them, mangle them, etc. as you please within the terms of that license. (Follow the link to the CC site at the bottom of each song page if you are confused about what this means.) Whee! Recordings of songs to another person's music are NOT licensed in this way - I have obtained permission from the copyright holders to have these recordings on my site, but that's it.
Anyway, the songs! The ones with an asterisk (*) have mp3s available. The ones with an octothorpe (#) (hahaha, I love that word) are on my album, and you can hear full-length samples on the album page.
# At Least I Ain't Humble
* Blind Date on the Island of Dr. Moreau
* Casting Shadows
* Circle of Salt
Cordelia (By John Caspell) (TTTO: Ophelia, Robbie Robertson)
* Damnit, Seanan (TTTO: Oh, Michelle, Seanan McGuire)
* Dawning Light
* Don't Touch My Belly (Or I'll Kill You)
Ethan Rayne (TTTO: Sweet Jane, Velvet Underground)
* Every Pretty Thing
* Final Sale
* Frances Kelsey
* Full Steam Ahead
* The Giant Squid Has Not
* Gone Fission
# I Fell Asleep
* Illusions of Chemistry Quarterly
* In a Histaminor Key
* Instant Messenger (TTTO: Strange Messenger, Michelle Dockrey & Tony Fabris)
* Itchy Feet
* It's Just So Nice When Someone Knows Your Name.
* Ivan, You Idiot
# I Want To Die (Like They Do In Sci-Fi)
# The Last Page
# Livejournal Shanty
* Lorentz Postcard
# Lost Moon
* The Machete Scout Marching Song
# Mad Science Café
* A Message from your Public Health Unit
Miles' Song (TTTO: Mal's Song/Ballad of Serenity, Michelle Dockrey/Joss Whedon)
* My Time Again
Mucocilia (TTTO: Cecilia, Paul Simon)
* My Breakup Song Is Shorter Than Yours
* Mystery Crows
No Quarters (TTTO: No Quarter, Cat Faber)
# Oankali Song
* Oh, Seanan M. (TTTO: Oh, Michelle, Seanan McGuire)
* Oh, Shit.
# Orion Swings
* Ousterhout's Apprentice (TTTO: Apprentice, Michelle Dockrey & Tony Fabris)
* Penguin FX
* Planet with a Forest
# Pop Quiz
* Putrefaction (TTTO: Petrifaction, Dr. J. Robinson)
* Rodney, Oh, Rodney
* Rosemary & Roo (TTTO: Rosemary & Rue, Brooke Lunderville)
# Rosemary & Rue
# Runtime Error: Type Mismatch
* Scud, the Disposable Assassin
* Single Rider
* The Space Lasers May Already Have Penetrated My Tinfoil Helmet (Despite My Extensive Field Research)
* Spoke Too Soon
# Starlight and Dinosaurs (TTTO: Starlight and Saxophone, Tom Smith)
* SWF ISO SPF
This Is My Gnome (TTTO: Gentle Arms of Eden, Dave Carter)
* This Time
Trouble Come By Here (TTTO: Trouble Pass Me By, Rick Keating)
* Tune Away!
* Unhappy Campers
* vixy & Tony
* Watson's Hat
* When the Giant Squids Come
* The Whisky Tango Foxtrot
* Worm Herder
# The Wreck of the Crash of the Easthill Mining Disaster
* Write Your Dissertation, Skanky Old Goose * Written in Blood
* MP3 of Brooke & John playing "Never Give a Puppy for Christmas," by the Creaking Planks.
* Brooke playing "Maiden of the Moors and the Haunted Mountain," by Peter Alway.
* Brooke playing "Mary," by Peter Alway.
* Brooke playing "Land of the Traffic Cone," by Peter Alway.